Battle Droid Remake

After I finished my first, very undetailed battle droid, I got onto Wookiepeida (Awesome site!) and downloaded pictures of the real ones for the Star Wars movies. Using these as reference, I modeled a new one.

Comments please!

Thanks,
Thax

Thats pretty darn sweet! :smiley: My only crit would be that he looks like he’s made out of plastic rather than metal (reflections look odd) which in turn makes him look more fragile and less mean. Oh and uh…arent the legs a bit…thin?

Wookiepedia… …LOL ;)…

Well That Is Amazing. Looks just like the original :yes: .

My only crit would be that he looks like he’s made out of plastic rather than metal (reflections look odd) which in turn makes him look more fragile and less mean.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the textures/materials are not finished or final. :o

@Borgleader: I think the legs are a touch thin, but they were thin in the movie too. Anyway, When I modeled, I had to scale up quite a bit, so they were squeezed a little. I’ll work on that.

Thax

it looks perfect to me, great modeling work.

Nice job!:slight_smile: I don’t know what reference pics you used, but the gun looks a little different than in the movies. It would be really cool to see this incorporated into a game.:eyebrowlift:

You’ve done well!

I have a rigged version lying around too somewhere from a while back (gun included). I was going to bring it up to scratch at some point. Eventually.

They make for good animation practice for a few reasons:

• No face to worry about expressions
  • Thin forms, so they render pretty fast even with some raytracing.
  • mechanical, so fairly simple to rig
  • and fun, because they are Star Wars…

And what do you know. Found mine if you want to take a look. Seems yours is a bit more realistic. http://uploader.polorix.net//files/12/Packed_BattleDroid.zip

The modeling is very nice. The material looks a little odd, but you said you still had to work on that.

@Paragon: Thanks!
@Carbonflux: Thanks much!
@Mr. Jameson: Ahh, that gun! There are so many issues with it. It was originaly a low poly shot gun I downloaded off the 'net, and I distorted the heck out of it. I am thinking about reworking it, but I’m not quite there.
@BenDansie:

Found mine if you want to take a look. Seems yours is a bit more realistic.

Thank you. That made my day.:smiley:

Thanks for posting your version. My dial-up is acting up, but I’ll look at it as soon as I can.

@Azmisov: I’ll see how far I get with textures. I was never good with that.

BTW, I’m working on a render of the droid in an enviroment. I’ll post when I have it.

Thanks,

Thax