BD5J Jet

Check the pixel aspect ratio – it should be 1:1 or something along those lines, maybe 100:100. In the Render tab, I believe.

chipmasque,

I had entered a resolution other than a preset in the render section, and that caused the squashing. Thanks for the help.

Small update.

Attachments

Small update. Did an animation of the flight controls.

I know, the materials and lighting stink, but I really wanted to get this animation up.

It’s 720p, so bump it up when youtube opens.

Thanks.

Looking very nice! Are you going to texture it?

skykooler,

That is the plan. My time to blend is limited, so it may take a while. :frowning:

Thanks for the comment!

Great job on the Bede. They built two models a jet and a prop version both pushers. The movie was Octopussy that 007 flew the ‘normally fueled’ Bede 5J. Remember at the end of the sequence he pulls up to a petrol station. There were quite a few accidents as many pilots couldn’t handle the flight dynamics of the speedy jet. I think the company ran into insurance difficulties because of this and even though they flirted with new version for a while it never materialized.

Bond always looks best when flying the small stuff. Do you remember the Gyro ‘Little Nelly’ from You Only Life Twice. Quite similar to the Bede in many respects (size and so on) but of course a gyro copter.

Great work on the model. Looking forward to updates.
Ron