Beach Apartment Interior

Hi there,
Thought I’d share some images of a project I was working on recently. All done in Blender 2.8 (except some Sketchup importing done in 2.79), rendered with E-Cycles with an average of 1.5h per image on a GTX 960m + i7-6700HQ using the settings bellow, plus a slightly desaturated Sky Texture enviroment. Any thoughts you have about it are welcome.

Models and textures from a lot of places like here, here, here, here and here.
Design by RPeixoto Arquitetura.

49 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thanks, Bart. Have a great one as well.

You’re #featured! :+1:

Really impressive. I love the lighting! Looks like a photo from a catalogue. :+1:

I appreciate that, @bartv. Thank you. :pray:

@Taros, thanks for the kind words. Btw, nice stuff you got there on your “Quick tip” series.

2 Likes

That looks great, I especially like the choice of depth of field in the first picture. Did you make the aforementioned sketch up models? If so why use sketch up?

Have you experienced a lot of crashes while working on this? I have a GTX 750 which is similar in power and Blender crashes constantly if I’m not really careful

“Aforementioned”, what an euphonic word, gotta use that more often, haha.
I actually only import sketchup models downloaded from 3dwarehouse. There is a lot of free usable stuff there. I did test to import them as Collada directly in 2.8, but the Sketchup Importer addon does a better job most of the time in my experience.

As for the crashes, after the 2.8 official release they are almost inexistent for me. In object mode I can work with ease even on big files (making heavy use of the Quick Instance Addon). Edit mode is another story, but that tends to improve.

1 Like

Really nice lighting and rendering, awesome work!

Nice to see that you are using my addon. I making an update with ungrouping option.

@Danny_Mac, Thank you very much.

@Crantisz, Good to know, I’ll keep an eye on your thread. Your addon had a great impact on my workflow. Thank you for that.

Really good job, love how the interior is filled with detail. Also happy to see a bunch of models from BlenderKit.

Yes, they helped a lot. Fast and easy to incorporate in the model. Although I have to say, the first time I imported the frames I had no idea what was going on with all the possible customizations haha. Learned quite a lot fiddling with the models. Thanks for the addon, it’s a great one.

You’re welcome! Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face: