Beck - La Théorie du K.o. (The Ko Theory)

Here… we back again!!! This is Beck from the french manga “La théorie du K.O.”, which translate as “The Knock out theory” but there is a pun on the Ko part since it has the same prononciation of “chaos”… anyway…The manga is fully translated in english you can learn more at www.theorieduko.com. ig: mathieu_reynes

Of course it’s not a 100% accurate model, had to adjust a looooot of stuff on this one, no tuna, no bonks on this one, you guys are safe!!

29 Likes

Nice model and texture, you did it all on blender ?

1 Like

of course!!Texturing included, i used the basic brush and tweaked it a bit so it gimme a more noisy feeling, so it doesnt look too smooth and sitll has some grit so i can respect the original drawing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Edit: i have a timelapse of the modeling process i ll post on my youtube at some point :smiley:

2 Likes

:+1:

Very interesting…

Comic like style seems to be very intense rigt now… saw more and more these days…

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Cool :slight_smile: , I thought you used krita

1 Like

I did i think for minor stuff, and uv tweaking!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1: thank you!

1 Like

Wonderful work, specially the noise aspect of the watercolor/pencil-like material. Also, great character design.

1 Like

thanks!! a good part of the work is projecting the original into a mesh, some mesh parts are quite tricky to figure with illustration like that too!
drawing take far much time than modeling (especially because i suck at it :rofl:), the original by mathieu reynes a french mangaka, he wanted to collab so we did :grin:!
a sculpting workflow would make the baked maps useless since only the emission is used…
that would defeat the purpose of making this unique too!
i’m doing snowmoon caitlyn atm ( well more like she beat me up :rofl::rofl::rofl:), i’ll probably tap into Og characters soon.
I’m in this stuff for less than a year afterall😊

Great character ! Freestyle ? or just G. Pencil ? or special toon shader ? Very nice !

1 Like

Nah just hand painting + toon outlines, shape control :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: