Beer glass

Hello together,

here is my recent training project, a beer glass. I´d like to know your opinion. Does it look tasty? The logo is from one of hundreds of excellent breweries in my neighborhood.

I want to make the glass surface a little wet, but didn´t get a satisfactory result yet. When applying the droplet normal map I get a blurred glass in my renders. Any ideas how to get some condensation droplets on the glass?

Thank you! :+1:

1 Like

Here is the version with a droplet normal map on the glass surface:

Do you see what I mean? The glass gets blurred somehow and one can´t really see droplets on the surface. Any suggestions?

Okay, now I’m thirsty!

What I would do with regards to the droplets is to model a few teardrop shapes, give them a glass shader, and then apply them to your beer glass as a particle system. I think I saw that on a tutorial with an apple or something, but I can’t remember.

In general, I would also darken the wood background and the floor. It’s hard to see the nice foamy head. Also crop out the top of the image. No need for all that wood. The focus is on the beer, not the background.

Hey Nitram_2000,

thanks a lot for your reply. I think I´ve seen the tutorial with the drops on the apple, too. I tried it like Blender Guru in his beginner tutorial for condensation on a coffee cup, but I must have done anything wrong or it´s simply not the right way for my scene. :man_shrugging: So I´m afraid I won´t be able to avoid modeling the drops and use them in a particle system!?

You´re absolutely right with the darker Background and the aspect ratio. What I did was to add an emission shader to the Background to get that nice lighting through the beer, but that made my Image too bright. Is there a way to keep this lighting but also keep the wood darker? Sounds weird, hope you understand what I mean :thinking:

Here another render with a darker background and another aspect ratio (and a slightly more yellowish froth):

Cheers! :beers:

1 Like

Just put a light behind the beer glass :wink:

I already tried putting a light behind the glass, but then I got a reflection on the ground that I didn´t like. But after your answer and some tweaking I got the light working almost the way I want: