Begetter's nest : el futuro ii

This render embarks my 1 year of blendering and 3D all together and just wanted to take a moment to thank every single one of you for backing something I really enjoy doing and give it all a meaning.

42 Likes

Only 1 year of blender and 3d? :open_mouth: Insane! :upside_down_face: What did you do before?

1 Like

Haha yeah, I was a business student, i mean I still am :skull:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Amazing job. The texture and the whole scene is great.
The only thing weird for me is the lighting, I would say it is too large, so the focus is on the whole image and it can be a bit disorienting. I would recommand focusing the light on a few elements and leaving the rest as really well done details, it would bring the piece to a next level !
That said, congrats for your work, keep going !

1 Like

Probably a time traveler

1 Like

Hi Leo, I can understand your thoughts regarding lighting from a purely artistic view, however, from a practical view, they are working in a laboratory with lots of equipment and cables etc, so you essentially need more lighting, plus, it does allow you to see the many small details that provide some internal / external context for the environment.
I like the stylisation and texturing…it’s kinda like comic book and realism blended together. [ pun intended :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: ]

I have to ask though, what is the object, above the chair in the background to left of image, it looks like a wooden folding column, just to the left of the guy climbing the ladder?

1 Like

Hahah yesssir, working on every tad bit of detail it just tempts me to light it all up haha, as time goes ill rework the lighting and the whole sense of it as I grow enough to let go the amount of details shown vs the amout I put into it all surely

And that would be a huge building just behind the glass, i was very light handed when it came to the depth in this one and that maybe the reason the things ended up being squished together, haha ill work on it.

1 Like

Great job :clap:
Keep going :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Damn this is amazing!!

I like the lighting it feels really different to other stuff i’ve seen. It makes the scene feel flat but I can see all the detail and objects. It reminds of old retro posters of cyberpunk styles but in super high quality.

How many verts was this?