Beginner's Help

Hi,
Could someone give me advice on how best to create the attach image in Blender. Should I create various boxes? I have 100+ images like this that I plan on creating.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Attachments

Unless you need full 3D, use planes.

Create a plane & Subdivide Multi (2), then scale the inner verts so that they are close to the outer edges.

Assign a material, set it to pure white & Shadeless. In Edit mode, select the center face & create a new material for it . . . you’ll need to make the duplicate material Single User, then change it’s color to black.

Now you have a black square with white edges. Change the color of the World background to white. Apply two Array modifiers to the plane to get your grid. Now you have a grid of evenly spaced black squares with white space between them.

Move all of the squares to layer 2, and only move the squares making up a particular pattern to layer 1 for rendering. Place your camera above the grid, and set it to Orthographic.

If any of this doesn’t make sense, search the online manual or these forums for any of the phrases (esp. bold ones) above.

Hope this helps, and let us know if you need any other tips!

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I would like to create a 3D object.

Ok, I will search for the bold text! Thanks again!!