Behind the Scenes: Spaceweld's Garage

I wasn’t liking the jumpsuit I made. Wanted it to look more like something this kid would wear. I also adjust his proportions. Longer legs, torso, and thinned him out a bit.

1 Like

1 Like

The emissions looks better and that is definitely something they highlighted in their release

It’s going along quite well!

1 Like

When I first came up with this idea, I was wanting to make it look like stop motion. Part of me was thinking that the previous materials were to cg looking.
I tested the Clay Doh material out on this guy.

What do you think?

3 Likes

I think that’s a good material choice

I took a little break from this project. Nearly done rigging this character. Still have some weight painting issues to finish up.

2 Likes

I’ve been adjusting the world some more.

3 Likes

Getting closer to making the first episode. I still need to rig the boy and create the robot character.

1 Like

If you haven’t seen FlowFrames, it’s pretty cool. It does frame interpolation using AI. I did a test with this ship. Rendered out at 12fps and got back 24 fps in a matter of seconds.

Makes me want to throw my computer out the window and get under the bed and cry for a while!

That’s the nicest/most intense compliment I have ever received!

I gave a talk about my work at an animation expo this past weekend. I made a little teaser for Spaceweld’s.

1 Like

I’m altering the environment some more. I want it to feel high in the mountains, above the clouds.
I am not satisfied with the clouds. I’m trying to make them feel more fluffy and tangible, but nothing I’m doing is working.
Anyone have tips for clouds?

I ended up using cloud cards that I created with this addon Real Cloud Generator

1 Like

This is 3M3T(pronounced Emmett). He’s a helper robot. A rather small robot, big enough to carry tools for Hudson. He’s also new, so he’s still learning and is very curious. Maybe a little too curious for his own good.

1 Like

I think it’s perfectly okay for “things like clouds” to be as stylized – or not – as you wish. My eye had no problem at all accepting the “clouds” in the above-the-clouds shot. Just pick a “style” and run with it.

Yeah, you’re right. I wanted the clouds to feel more tangible. I’m going for a stylized realistic look.

I finally have this character looking exactly how I want. I experimented with different aesthetics, but this was the one that I originally wanted but couldn’t get looking right. I used this felt generator: Felt Tool Gumroad (I highly recommend this tool if you want a felt look and you’re not a node wizard.)