Benal promo

Hi there,

Here’s a fun little video I did for danish rap group Benal:

Made in Blender 2.8 of course, using the brand new render engine… Workbench! :slight_smile:

A few images:

16 Likes

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

nice work !!!

Very interesting, very nice result.

You must’ve had a lot of fun making this, with fast renders.

1 Like

Who needs fancy features like raytracing or reflections :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Great work, it’s fun and disturbing…
How much time did it take to make the video ?
Having seen other stuff from you it’s a complete different style and that great , was it difficult to force you to animate stuff badly ?

I didn’t expect workbench!! Bravo. and nicely done.

1 Like

Thats certainly interesting. I was wondering what use workbench was, but haven’t taken the time to look into it. Kind of ALMOST reminds me a little of ye olde Blender Render, minus the shadows (which upon a few minutes looking at and doing a little youtube search for blender workbench, actually is possible) and such.

Nice Work!

1 Like

That was great. One of the best music videos I’ve seen in a long while!

1 Like

Yes, the focus was not really on animation at all, which was a fun distraction. Had a lot of fun with Workbench - it’s lightning fast for these kinds of things.

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Workbench engine is quite capable in creative hands. This video demonstrates clever use of the minimalistic features like the shadows. :+1:

The output looks a mix between really old cgi and with a bit hints like AO from modern times. Now that the latest blender build added simple transparency support there are even more options!

I’ve used the white cavity shaded output to spice up some eevee renderings besides doing couple workbench only renders myself.