Best Camera add on

Whats the best camera add on to use ??

Hi,

Do yo have experience with one.
I use normally the regular camera or the dolly camera.

Unfortunately not, this is what I’ve just found in Google.

Please do not answer then.

@chafouin ’s Photographer

1 Like

What kind of camera work are you looking to do? I recently learned there is real use to the derivative of acceleration called jolt. Apparently one of the things which makes camera movements look jarring is sudden jumps in jolt, i.e. acceleration begins or stops to increase or decrease without any sort of ease-in/-out. I’d be interested in an add-on which can deal with that as well. Obligatory link to excellent video about splines where I learned this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPPXbo87ds

For truly realistic camera movement no gimmicks are used. Real life footages are imported, tracked, and tracking is applied to camera, so that 3D camera moves how real one moved in footage.

Ian Hubert’s Camera Shakify comes with couple of pre-baked camera footages that you can simply turn on for your camera.

The question is… for what purpose…

you know someone build even something like this:

or this:

to archieve another look…

Photographer Addon (paid but old versions(2.X) are available for free)
Buy the latest version if it helps

Render button camera manager (Free Addon, this is Addon for camera and rendering management)

I don’t know if it’s the best, but it’s a helpful Addon. :slightly_smiling_face:

Its for character animation.

Its for character animation like a pixar short movie it must be easy to switch from 1 to another cameraview and follow the character

Camera switching is possible without addons. Add marker on the frame you want camera to switch. Make camera active and in Timeline - Marker menu choose Camera Bind. Or ctrl B

1 Like

I don’t even need to add a marker - just Cntl B when in the timeline does it for me.

2 Likes

Thanks do you ever use Dollycam rig or Is Photographer more valuable

I don’t use camera rigs. I track targets with constraints, and animate the camera position.

I also don’t put 4 cameras in a scene, then animate cuts between them. (I don’t believe Pixar does either.)

Cameras are rendered (and edited) on a per-shot basis - ie, the way one shoots with a real camera on set.

1 Like

Interesting i am gonna search for how to
" track targets with constraints, and animate the camera position "