Best realtime cloth addon but I've never seen it mentioned before

This addon has amazing realtime cloth simulation but I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere. It’s completely free and the creator made an in depth video explaining the different settings (the audio is very low on the video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmPP5mdYOQI

Free Link:

Paid link to support the creator: https://blendermarket.com/products/modeling-cloth

3 Likes

It is $35.00 on 2 of the websites.

The link ops provided links to git and you can download it for free there. Under “get code”.

2 Likes

Yeah its a hidden gem and it works really well but it seems like since it got so little attention the developer cant sustain working on new features for it

1 Like

It’s somewhat ironic that you recognize that feature development requires community support, but you’re sharing the free GitHub link for this add-on instead of sharing a paid link :wink: I don’t mean that you’re doing anything wrong, I just mean- if you want a developer to make more features, voting with your wallet is probably the best way to show them :slight_smile:

lmao fair but i think first thing is getting people to use the addon and realize how useful it is and ideally the community can support it with money together. but ill update it to include the blendermarket link.

It would be great if blendermarket and blenderartists had a transparent bar of how much community donated funds they currently have and the funds will go to to keeping the infrastructure and employees of the websites well funded and also has a big portion going to free addons the community wants to remain free while being sustainable for the developers.

Back in the day reddit had a lil progress bar for the goal it can hit for covering salaries, infrastucture, etc. this idea can be improved with the blender ecosystem since blender users have proven they are making money with Blender and are willing to pay for blender addons, tutorials, etc through all the patreons and blendermarket\gumroad projects

1 Like