Best tutorials to learn mecha modeling in Blender

I come from an architecture background. I spent working with Sketchup for all the 3d modeling during my B. Arch. and M. Arch. I used lots of plugins too. Later on I explored Rhino and Grasshopper for algorithmic modeling. I began to dabble in Houdini and Z-Brush in 2021.

On YouTube and Blender Market, I recently saw various plugins viz. Hard Ops, Kit Ops, Mesh Machine, Ice Tools, Random Flow and Sci-Fi Pro.
I realized that Blender can be an amazing (probably the best tool) in the world for rapid hard surface modeling in the domain of sci-fi and mecha.
I have experimented a bit with random flow and really loved it. I would like to learn hard surface modeling in the domain of sci-fi and mecha. What would be the ideal courses to learn that? I believe that Z-Brush has been the most popular choice of artists whenever it comes to mecha modeling. I am stating this based on the fact that the number of tutorials for mecha modeling using Z-Brush exceed far more than any other software.
Should I learn mech modeling in Z-Brush first, then transfer that knowledge into Blender or learn it from scratch within Blender only? I am a total newbie in Blender. I have not done the famous donut tutorial at all.

Sharing some videos featuring Blender artists that give idea about the kind of work that I would like to develop in Blender.

These guys know their stuff, I’ve sourced some content in the past for personal projects:

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you so much. I’ll definitely check this course. Is there anything else I should study? Mecha modeling requires a specific mindset, approach, sense of aesthetics and observation to understand the designs. Any courses which teach that?

Understanding how to visualise a plausible design i.e. creating mechanically believable models that would help sell an illusion too the viewer, it would actually work in the real world:

Visual Design Basics

1. Vocabulary

2. How to learn (advice and tips for growing as an artist)

3. Hierarchy/ Eveness

4. Echoing

5. Rhythm and Repetition

6. Shape and Form Contrast

7. Depth and Overlap

8. Grouping

9. Detail Distribution

10. Balance and Flow

NOTE: Even though the author utilizes CAD to generate the primary concept expressed throughout this course, substituting with poly modeling techniques applied in the previous tutorial I’d linked above, shouldn’t in my opinion present an unworkable option, if you so choose to follow along or purchase to start with.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Will surely look into this course. :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2: