Best way to animate visibility of multiple objects having individual materials?

I’m looking for some best practice advise on how to animate the visibility of several individual textured objects at the syme time. I’ve bought a model which consists of many individual objects with individual materials on them. For an explaining animation I need to animate/keyframe the visibility of bunges of objects to reveal objects underneath.

Options I know, which I want to avoid basically:

1. Setting up a Transparent BSDF and Mix Shader Node and animating the Mix factor. Unfortunatelly not an option as the model consists of too many objects to go into every material and setting this up, even when using a node group. Not to mention having to manage hundreds of keyframes in the dope sheet.
  2. Moving Objects to different view layers and animating their visibility after rendering. Also not a good option as I really want to see the transparency in the 3D viewport already, to better interact with the visible/invisible objects while animating.

Are there any ways or add ons which could help with this? Maybe by adding transparent-mix-node-trees to several materials at the same time or something? How would you face this problem?
Thanks