Best/Worst Fourm

What is the best forum you have ever been able to take part in? Reasons can include activeness of users, threads, and the user base as a whole (ie, kindess, knowledge of topics, and the deepness of posts). Or whatever else you think you should include. :stuck_out_tongue:

worst forum? my old mechwarrior clan forum. best forum? cgtalk, elysiun and mektek.

Worst forum? This one, by far. I mean, all these power hungry admins and mods patrolling 'round the clockā€¦ Especially that theeth guyā€¦ Man, heā€™s an assā€¦ He thinks heā€™s so goodā€¦ If he were here right now, why, Iā€™dā€¦ Ahā€¦ Grrā€¦

Got to hand it to him, with all the work he also contribute toward blender, heā€™s very active.

hmm? do what jeeves? lol

The best forum I know of is CGtalk. The worst forum I know of is the Homeworld 2 clanā€™s forum I once belonged to (I forget the name of the clanā€¦ donā€™t worry you arnā€™t missing out)

Clan forums = bad.

Art forums = good.

nuf said.

:o

I was going to say the exact same thing. Not active at mektek anymore but they were awesome.

Oh, never been a part of cgtalk though.

Iā€™m not going to go to gctalkā€¦ it seems like ā€œthe big cityā€ā€¦ and elysiun is my hometown :stuck_out_tongue: .

cgtalk seems too big to be friendly. It only is if you take part in a smaller part of the forum, like the daily sketch forum. All those guys seems to know each other and have funā€¦I wish I could draw and participate :stuck_out_tongue:

elysiun is/was the best imoā€¦not that Iā€™ve taken part in many forumā€¦but it was pretty good back when blender was less popular. Now there are some people abusing their right of posting, and with each release I feel itā€™s worst and worst.

by 2.42, I bet there will be another big ban. From a couple of people that already joined, some already piss me out just because I can read the stupidity theyā€™re writing in the forum -_-

[/rant]

elysiun is awesomeā€¦

The free IGN boards are overrun by Satan and little teenage brats. Iā€™ve ranted about them on here before. Guh! The Insider boards arenā€™t nearly as bad (I used to post on the GameCube Community board all the time), but my Insider subscription ran out in 2002 and I never renewed.

I visit SpinQuad (a LightWave forum similar to elYsiun in terms of community friendliness) from time to time. Itā€™s pretty good.

I have registered at CGtalk, but Iā€™ve never posted there. elYsiun is just so much more comfortable.