Better animation renders in eevee

Please refer to the addon at the link.
I think it’ll work on EEVE as well

Light Painter add-on - don’t place your light, paint it! - Coding / Released Scripts and Themes - Blender Artists Community

1 Like

That looks super useful :slight_smile: BTW I saw that other software, like Maya, have the ability to select which objects are affected by the light. So you can tell a particular light to affect only the objects you want. I saw a tutorial on how to to do that in Blender 4, its called Light linking, although the process is a bit more complicated.

1 Like

I think it’s a bit complicated in the video…
It’s a very simple operation. (It only works on cycles.) :slightly_smiling_face:

Please refer to the video below

oh yes this video makes it much simpler, I agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

just wanted to share the result using all of your super helpful tips. I also did some more work on the model and made some more shots, turned down the light intensity and saturation on the metal parts, guess that makes it a bit more interesting. Feel free to comment, I’d like to hear your opinion and whether you think something more can be done… Well thanks again for the help, you’ve been a great support :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s cool~ :clap: :clap: :clap:
It seems that the expression of metal material needs more consideration. :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree, I guess by expression you mean more interest and realism. Using Cycles would help I guess, but for now I must stick to Eevee for animations because of render time, and actually I guess Eevee is capable of doing it better with correct settings. What would you suggest? Playing more with the light setup, with the metal shader… the thing is I don’t know which way to go to improve it.

It’s hard to say without actually making it.

I think EEVE can produce similar results to Cycles.
It’s just gonna take a lot of tricks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you use agx or filmic.

I couldn’t find a proper EEVE rendering video.

If you look at the video below, it would be better to use proper HDRI environmental lighting. Reflected on the metal surface…

OMG, I wasn’t aware of AgX at all :thinking: I’m checking tutorials about it, looks like that could make a big difference. I was using filmic until now.

For the metal body and glass render passes I am using exclusively HDRI lighting and adjust it by rotating and keyframing the HDRI until I get a result I like.

I am using the HDRI Studio_small_3_4K from Polyhaven and have made also a blurred copy of it for some renders to avoid seeing the shapes of the umbrella and spotlight reflected.

I use area or point lights only in some cases for the dial ring passes (the flat black ring around the glass and the black numbers on it).

Besides switching to AgX I could try another HDRI image that would give better results for metal, didn’t find any until now. Do you have any suggestions?

PS The Hublot video is great. I guess this is a serious render engine. You think anything close to it could be achieved in Eevee at all?

There are several types of links.
You can make this type of HDRI using black and white by yourself, and there’s software for making it. It’s also possible on blender.

add

The above clock video is estimated to be a real-time rendering similar to EEVE, but there is no exact information. :slightly_smiling_face:
People who are good at handling EEVE make it similar to cycles.

However, if it is difficult to implement with EEVE, consider using Unreal Engine

1 Like