Better ripples using Dynamic Paint - Waves? NSFW

Bonjour!

I have a simple question , I was wondering if it was possible to have a better quality with the ripples by using the dynamic paint ? I’ve try to subdivide the plane a couple of time but my computer doesn’t like it and we still can see tigny squares !

As seen on those two screenshots , the fluid isn’t smooth and it’s already subdivide and Shade smooth, what I can do ?
Thank you for your help and attention :pray:t4:

good god thats a lot of unused geometry. Subdividing it more does work, its just that your plane is sooooo huge, and your model so small, that its barely working with any geometry where you need it to.

Make your plane smaller and localized and it’ll look nice.
You can also try the triangulate modifier, and smooth modifier, but seriously, optimize your geometry first.

1 Like

Effectively, that’s way better :sweat_smile: thank you a lot for your advices !
I was already wondering how I will texturise it if my computer is already lagging like that ^^ begginer problems ^^, but honnestly , thank you.

1 Like

Glad I could help!

1 Like

It’s possible to have better ripples by using dynamic paint, because the ripples are per-texel rather than per-vertex, but it’s possible to have even better ripples than that by doing them in the shader, because in the shader, ripples aren’t per-texel or per-vertex but per-sample:

Only four verts.

Might have some trouble shaping the waves around your particular mesh, but then, you’d have the same trouble with doing it with a modifier.

edit: no idea why it’s saying mature content, it’s not-- I’m just gonna blame the website :slight_smile:

1 Like