Bézier Mesh Shaper v0.9.0

@StroBlend glad to know it’s working.

Yeah, there’s two smooth snap modes: one is the SNAP_SMOOTH mode which distributes evenly (not like you want), and there’s also SNAP_SMOOTH_P (aka “proportional”), this one does preserve edge lengths along the curve.

(The straight snapping modes also have these ‘even’ and ‘proportional’ variants.)

Good luck =D

4 Likes

Hi RNavega, unfortunately in the last stable blender version 3.1.2, using Bézier Mesh Shaper v0.9.58 with shapekey makes blender crash.
Thank you for this great addon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @d.viagi, thanks a lot for the report.
Could you give me some more details: does it happen right when you start the tool, or after it’s running and you tried to do something with it? Does it happen consistently on all your scenes, or just a particular one (that is, does it also happen when starting on a simple scene with just a cube)?

1 Like

Hi @RNavega,
I create a new scene loading the factory setting, and of course your addon. As soon I launch the command blender crashes.
It happens only with shapekey.
I’ve made a gif, I hope it’s easier to understand :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your help

bezierMeshShaper

2 Likes

@d.viagi hi, thank you for the extra info.

I made some tests and this is very likely a Blender bug introduced in the latest version.

I filed a bug report, let’s see what can be done:
https://developer.blender.org/T97213 (it was quickly fixed, check my comment below)

2 Likes

Hi @RNavega , let’s hope it gets fixed soon. :crossed_fingers:
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@d.viagi thankfully it was quickly fixed. You’ll need 3.1.2 daily build, or any version above that.

What they said:

RNavega said:
Hi [dev], I see that the fix was committed to the master branch.
Does this mean that if I grab any daily build (…) it will come with that fix?

[Dev] said:
The build happens at the end of the day in central European time, so yeah, the daily build should include this fix. If not, today’s (Apr 14) build would have it.

So you can download Blender 3.1.2 from the daily builds in here:
https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/

If a Blender above that version is officially released, this all can be ignored.

2 Likes

Hi @RNavega; I tried the last 3.1.2 cc66d1020c3b build but unfortunately it’s still not working; It’s working ok in 3.2 version; maybe for me it’s time to switch to 3.2 :smiley: . Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @RNavega , are you still working on this addon? I still use it, but find it glitches quite often (leaving the original curve behind etc)

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Knubben , of course. BMS is an important item in my catalog.

Can you send me a message with the Blender version you’re using, and any problems you’ve observed?

I love this addon, unbind and rebind(deform mode) seems to be broken in Blender 3.6.2 though.

2 Likes

True dat. I just ran into problems too in 3.6.2. And I also love the damn thing and hope it is around for ages!

1 Like

@Son and @norka thank you for reporting! Will debug and get back to you ASAP.

2 Likes

Hi. I tested, but couldn’t reproduce this.
The default key for “Toggle Unbind Curve”, tab, was working as usual. Could you explain more what kind of scene setup (modifiers, other add-ons etc) and what kind of add-on settings that you were using when you had this problem? Also, the Blender build where I ran the tests was 3.6.2 official release; if you’re using a nightly version please let me know.

Was this the same problem (related to the ‘toggle curve unbind’ key and its behavior), or did you find other problems?

1 Like

Thank you for checking. I just tried it again on a fresh config and it does work on my nightly build of 3.6.2. I also tested it again with my normal working config and addon, it still works - So I assume it was user error. Sorry for the trouble :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I couldn’t seem to get out of it… and I had not seen that behavior before. Then I hit undo to back out of it and tried again, which was successful. This was some time last week. Maybe it was just a one-off. I just fired up Blender and tried again, and did not have problems this time. I don’t use BMS daily or even weekly sometimes, so it is quite possible I just did something really screwy. Who knows, maybe I forgot to just hit Enter. Anyway, I’m sure we are g-t-g. Thank you so much for continuing to support this truly kickass addon, that I would absolutely hate to be without! You rock!

1 Like

Thanks for the extra info!

Another user also reported finding some weirdness when using it with Blender 3.6, so I’m thinking there must be some rare situation when the operator is aborted before being able to gracefully finish.
If you find any more cases I’ll be here.

1 Like

No issues with 4.0 :sunglasses:

1 Like

:clinking_glasses:
Nice, thanks for the follow-up! I’ll be here, in any case.

2 Likes