BG Game Comp_Odd World_Stranger

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

I needed a little break from my current project and decided to join the comp for the fun of it :slight_smile:

I chose the Stranger character from Odd World Stranger’s Wrath, which is a great fun game :slight_smile:
Here is the main reference image I am using:

And since we aren’t allowed to use anything else then Blender and minor GIMP or PS post processing, here is the base mesh I currently have, not finished, will use it for sculpting further details and later retopo if I need to, seems pretty good for deformations already, might not need to.

I am not sure I’ll have time to finish, but I can assure you I’ll give it a go :slight_smile:
To do: The wrist bands and gloves, the arm crossbow, the kinda wooden pieces poncho, the inside of the mouth with teeth and tongue. I also have to finish the eyeball, since its only a simple sphere right now, which will be used for the cornea.

Good luck everyone :slight_smile:
Happy Blending :wink:

That’s it…I’m giving up :stuck_out_tongue: Looking great so far! Can’t wait to see it finished :smiley:

Nathan: Thanks man :slight_smile: But please, don’t give up, you’re entry is awesome so far :slight_smile:

Looking good! That game was so unique.

Saila: Thanks :slight_smile: Yes, great game indeed. Back in 2005, it was only on XBox, but they’ve remade it in HD for the new PS 3 and such as well as for PC in 2011 (I believe during the christmas seasons) and its on Steam :slight_smile: I actually bought it and I have it on my computer, which I will most likely use as references as well :slight_smile:

I will try to finish the base sculpting mesh today and possible start sculpting some of the parts.

Cheers!

This is going to be good! I shall follow your post as always! :smiley:

Alright man:P Go Jeannot go! Great character, I know you can totally pull it off…especially for just a still render. I’m sure the deadline is coming…I’ll have to check the competition thread again:) You’ve got a great model going so far, cant wait to see it finished:P

Happy Blending:)

peter: thanks :slight_smile:
Derek: Thanks man :slight_smile: Deadline is the 4th of march I think. I should have plenty of time to do this :stuck_out_tongue:

I decided to start some sculpting before modeling the gloves since it’ll need to have some retopo anyhow.
Here is a 4k clay render to show some of the big detail sculpt, so far, arms, shirt, pants and head sculpted. (I think forum shrinks down to 2.3k but details still visible :stuck_out_tongue: )

Don’t mind the eyes, its just for place holder. Lighting is quick and not so good, but just wanted to show what I had so far :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Lookin good man! Cant wait to see what kinda pose your going to do:P

The sculpting looks great on this :smiley:

Nathan :slight_smile: Thanks

Derek :wink: I have a cool idea in mind, but I must rig this guy and create the little ammo bugs so I can make a nice cool looking scene :wink:

Here is a little update on the sculpting. Sculpted some more the head, arms, pants, also sculpted the belt, straps, pouch and hat.

That’s it for today :wink:
Happy Blending :slight_smile:

I thought the previous images were hard to read the details.

So I added quick shaders:

Will continue more on this bad boy today. Hopefully I’ll have more to show by the end of the day :wink:

I’m scared now. How long have you been working on this?

Katrix: I started 2 days ago. Don’t be scared, I don’t bite :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers!

2 DAYS AGO http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081117190204/mariokartwii/images/b/b0/Surprised.gif
I hope one day I’ll be able to do something that fast while keeping the quality high!
Brilliant work man :smiley:
How did you get the holes in the hat?? Did you use the knife tool or did you sculpt it??

Amazing work. I remember playing Abe’s Odyssee. Great times XD

Beet Da Brat

beetdabrat: thanks :slight_smile: great game, i still play from time to time :slight_smile:

Nathan :slight_smile: thanks man :slight_smile: Keep striving and don’t give up, you’ll get there :wink:
The hat was very simple to do. I used a simple cylinder with only 12 segments and few rings. I then deleted the top and quadified it :stuck_out_tongue: then I extruded the bottom part by scalling outward a few times. Then I went in and added a few loops to sorta have more poly’s to delete holes. Then I deleted a few faces. Added a multires and sculpted a bit. Then I added a solidify modifier :slight_smile:

Cheers :wink:

Outstanding work. You are really talented.

Safetyman: Thank you :slight_smile: I am flattered :smiley:

I haven’t advance very much on the stranger because I started one of the ammo critter that will be used in my final pose on the arm crossbow. Its far from finished, quick shading, quick fur. But I think its heading the right way :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Thanks for the short tut :smiley: Showed me a lot! I really like the hair on the critter :slight_smile: