BGE no more?

If i had the budget of Rockstar i would buy an island in the south-sea, and i would still have a couple of millions over to spent on hookers, lambos and cocaine.

in game I can target a npc, edit it’s guts and save it with the same tool that customizes pop up info objects, or sets weapon stats,

I can spawn in a object and set it’s mesh as unique in game sculpt it, and add a property ‘uniqueMesh’ and it will save a vertex dictionary for that object and LibNew the mesh the next tike time it loads and set the vertex attributes.

I can shape the world
pin logic objects to it
load in external new logic objects without restarting the engine(libload)
edit the world, and restart at a saved point + the edits.

You have no context to understand what I am doing I guess,

but a huge team could make assets,
artists can be designated areas to edit,
overall themes for areas are decided,
artist edit their patch,

you can hit play in the editor to launch the game,
esc in game opens menu(go back to edit save quit etc)

I’m very very happy that Blender Game Engine and Blender Internal Render are being cut. They can focus more on the current Cycles and Eevee

The amount of delusion is strong in this thread.

Ja das stimmt echt sehr! hahaha

Can’t stand all these bastards (most of them who never contributed to Blender) who seem to be happy that a Blender feature that they don’t use disappear from Blender.

1 Like

I’m sorry you feel like that aWierdOwl.

However the fact that Blender core team didnt’ support the engine for some time, and doens’t have resources to continue it, and the fact that there are plenty more powerful game engines out there that Blender has good integration with.

So i’d rather they take it out (if it is buggy and not supported) then keep a broken code in the new 2.8 release.

Ton made the decision, i’m just happy they will prioritize on the things that majority of Blender users use.

Remember that code is available and if you want/willing to continue its development there is not one thing stopping you. That is the advantage of Blender and its openness.

I just want the core team to spend their time on something that most/all of us use. Additionally I did blender fund support, for almost 2 years (25 euro then 50 euro a month), also the latest Blender Quest 2.8 funding, and previoulsy funded many of the blender projects. So I did support the team as much as I could. probably in excess of 2000 euro.

So before posting unpolite comment like “can’t stand all these bastards”, you actually did something to support Blender Development (beyond “shit posting” on this forum)

So after spending 2000 euro on supporting blender dev fun over the years, I’m Happy They killed off these older unsupported features.

I did (financially support Blender), and I’ll continue to support interactive mode (with money and work). By the way, I work on bge development since years, we worked for free since years to propose improvements for bge with upbge members.

The developers had very good technical reasons to make that decision. It is simply not worth it to keep unmaintained areas alive just for the sake of it. And as you know, a replacement is planned.
I know this is a very emotional topic for you, but it is not justified to call those people bastards! I am not sure how you want to know whether they contributed to Blender or not. At the end, it doesn’t even matter whether they contributed!

And because of this no one is allowed to have any objection or opinion against the BGE?

I rallied the opinion that bge had to be changed, not because someone told it to me, but because I worked on it, and I realized by myself that use bpy (or derived module + bpy) would allow much more than what was possible in bge. This is why I said I support “interactive mode”. And I’m not “happy” that bge is removed. And assumptions like “we are the majority” are false. BGE community was very important compared to other areas.

I am not talking about that. I am talking about the bastards.

Bastards, bastards, bastards

I don’t give a shit about words. For me what matters is the intention and insulting everyone who has a different opinion is really not the best way to deal with it.
On the other hand, behaving like a three year old is objectively way better. Good luck with that.

Mature bastard

I was insulted (not on this thread) for mentioning srtm2 data which is ESSENTIAL for making routes other than the usual flood of small games.
Blender still seems to be locked into the small game backwater with no apparent info regarding making large meshes say 25 km to 45 km as I have made. So srtm2 data or similar satellite data is essentilal to move out of the small game syndrome. I mentioned backwater as I make maritime routes which has space bewteen harbours.

So as far as I amd concerned I need the srtm2 script which is in versions 2.78c and 2.79.
Next this generated the terrain in aout a minute when opened into the .hgt files folder.
So terrain made for several miles up to say 40 km but up to25 km easier to deal with.
I also mentioned(not on this thread) that I had no interest in possibilities of the future changes in maybe years later (not a youngster) so age comes into it. So also this was again some sarcasm by one member.

So how many years away for all the Blender changes…so the only alternative I can see is keep 2.78c and 2.79 and carry on regardless. The only problem is I used to make the maritime routes available for download so embedded, to save file size, and the person downloading would need Blender up to 2.79. t open/run it.

So a sandbox type of program suits me fine and i do not need all the bells and whistles.Just terrain, flat water sheet for 20km sea, animated for tidal rise if required. Also I have made working locks in the past at Ellesmere Port
Working locks with timeline and logic bricks. The era is the age of sail say up to mid Victorian so it all the do with creating ports, harbours and costal buildings.

So maybe upbge or similar would suit fine …maybe in the NEAR future.
Also if making simulations discussion is all part of it… as with railway simulations for which I have also made content.
So I again say the distant future is of NO interest to me.

Wonder I I will get some sarcasm (smile)

B

This must be what it felt like for my grandpa when he was watching people talk about horses and carriages while he was saving up for that '28 ford

I am guessing you haven’t participated in game dev discussions here with BluePrintRandom :eyebrowlift2: I remember seeing this kind of …oddity… since 2010 or so.

Did you watch the video?

My artist backed out of manic mack,
I started over on Wrecitifed.

GTA is a collection of systems, filled with content.

Next up I am thinking of adding multiplayer to the editor.

If I had a C-Coder supporting me, things would be much different.

so yeah, it’s not delusional, it’s not a falacey.

the fastest best way to make cities in a game? play sim city.

fastest way to customize a building and place decals? fallout 4 settlment editor.

I am taking these and mixing them inside a game, used to make games.

I think that if we play a multiplayer game to make games, that we can import assets into and edit code inside the engine on the fly,

there can be no better workflow.

I am seeing a lot of negativity here toward people who liked BGE…and it does not seem that one of you attempted to take a look from their perspective…think about it like this…

BF: “We are removing the animation system/renderer/sculpting etc etc in 2.8” to make room for the game engine."

people really need to stop assuming that blender(an all in one 3D package) is only for animating/rendering/or arch vis…etc etc…in other words blender is not for you alone, but for everyone.

with that being said…I am moving on to another engine anyway…but still my biggest disappointment is the segregation of BGE users and how they are responded to…and I noticed most of the negativity is coming from people who do no interactive work anyway??? WTH??

1 Like