I am working on a flight simulator, and have got to the point where I have to make a decision about what game engine to use. I was planning to use OGRE, but now having seen some BGE demos I am not so sure.
Here is the list of things that OGRE seems to have that Blender doesn’t:
- Both OpenGL and DirectX support.
- Ability to dynamically change LOD.
- Ability to use procedurals.
- A C interface - which means it is practically decompile-proof.
And here are BGE’s advantages (as far as I know):
- Integrated development environment.
- More active community.
So what is your opinion? What have I messed in these lists?