BGMC 22 "Every Man's Sky" WIP

Looking great so far, and I am excited to play it.

Good, but you need a lot more details on the planets. It is not looking fun right now.
Also randomness sometimes works bad for the game…because if everything is random at the end it all looks the same. I’ve encountered this many times also no man’s sky suffer from the same issue. Try to add hardcoded variations…as random desert planet, random forest planets, random volcano planets and so on. That way you will run away from “random==same” issue.

You could have both randomness and have hard coded variations.

I like this idea better

When are we going to get to play it?You could make your adjustments.I just want to know when we can play it.

I have work today so I wont be able to get it in until later today but my friend is working on the menu scene right now. When he finishes that, it wont be much longer.

Looks really cool!! :slight_smile:

Okay, we will be waiting.

I’ve uploaded the game here so go check it out!

I had trouble with your videogame.I had to to restart my computer to exit the game.I could not even move the player character.How do exit the game from the standalone player?I thought esc would work.

to exit the game press esc while playing to bring up the pause screen. Then click menu, and then click quit. If you absolutely have to force quit the game, press numpad enter but if you do that, I will not get your score to put you on the “Top Explorers” list in the game.

I still cannot play your videogame.Here is the error i get in the console.

Read new prefs: C:\Users\barbara\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\python
read blend: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\Every Mans Sky\Launcher.blend
Info: Read library:  'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\BGMC\22\New folder\menu.blend', 'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\BGMC\22\New folder\menu.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: Cannot find lib 'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\BGMC\22\New folder\menu.blend'
Warning: LIB: Scene: 'Menu' missing from 'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\BGMC\22\New folder\menu.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: LIB: Sound: 'Mouseover.mp3' missing from 'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\BGMC\22\New folder\menu.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: LIB: Sound: 'Subtle Tech Interface.ogg' missing from 'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\BGMC\22\New folder\menu.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: LIB: Sound: 'Click.mp3' missing from 'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\BGMC\22\New folder\menu.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: LIB: Sound: 'Humanite.mp3' missing from 'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\BGMC\22\New folder\menu.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: LIB: VFont: 'PirulenRg-Regular' missing from 'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\BGMC\22\New folder\menu.blend', parent '<direct>'
Warning: LIB: VFont: 'Bfont' missing from 'C:\Users\Nicholas\Desktop\BGMC\22\New folder\menu.blend', parent '<direct>'

Oh no. I’m going to need to make those paths relative. Thanks for the heads-up.

Are you done yet?

Do you plan on expanding this game further after BGMC?
It looks awesome, when I have some more time, I will play it!