BGMC 23: Tell a story | Announcement!

If you don’t think you will be able to submit in time, we would still like to see your game!

There will be a 10% penalty after the end date but you could still potentially come 2nd or 3rd :slight_smile:

BGMC 23 has officially ended!

You can still submit a game but there will be a 10% penalty subtracted from your overall score.
Congrats to everyone that got a game in on time!

The next 24 hours will be an intense bug fixing session. Everyone is encouraged to try out each others games, give feedback and report any bugs or issues!

During the next 24 hours you may NOT add extra content to your game, only bug fixing is allowed.

(You should make a timer to remove ambiguity)

Timer for bug fixing:

http://s.mmgo.io/t/jPR

someone told me my game was too dark, may I adjust the lighting?
as feedback

my monitor is set quite bright apparently

I also forgot about the print statments for debugging

deleting those is ok right?

welp i missed the deadline. i’m just gonna wait till the next 22 hrs before submitting

Print statements can be considered bugs, you may adjust light settings (including rotation/location) but no new assets.

I just need to Turn up one hemi, also, upbge has environmental lighting, and bge does not, I think It may impact lighting in vanilla bge now that I think about it*

May I remove environmental lighting and replace it with a hemi?

Yes this is fine, bug fixing includes: compatibility issues between different engines.

upbge has environmental lighting, and bge does not

you really need some glasses :stuck_out_tongue: its at the exact same spot as in upbge (world tab)(atleast in 2.78)

Does it actually work though?

I think lots of features like the world settings don’t actually work in BGE but only work in UPBGE.

Oh i didn’t know there was gonna be bug fixing time :0 then i wouldn’t have stressed as much to get my game polished in time. :slight_smile: anyway I’m happy with my game right now, but i wasn’t able to get reviews on it, so I’m happy about the Bugfixing time :smiley:

Does it actually work though?

I think lots of features like the world settings don’t actually work in BGE

for me it works like a charm, since i found that option in bge i always used it, never failed on me.
(no idea if it works after exporting to exe, but internal and standalone player it works)

wait i thought it was till the 30th. so Monday. it should be anytime that day. I saw that it said form 23 to 30. So… I’m late now?

Exactly what time was it over? like 4hrs ago its 10pm cntral here now.

I didnt know we would get bug fix time either. kinda sux. cause i spent a lot of time on that.

Hello? I’d like to know time is ticking, i would like to know if i worked my ass off for nothing.

Also how can someone know absolutely that u cant come in first with the 10 points off. What if its like the shit, and raises the bar compared to the other games?

The timers were based of UTC universal time coordinate.
America/canada has a later timezone than everyone else (and NZ has one of the earliest). So I chose UTC to even it out.
Maybe next time keep an eye on the timer ;).

It could very well be possible that you come first with a penalty, but it would need to be more than 10% ahead of any of the other games, which I would think would be hard to achieve. Undertow wouldn’t have won with a 10% penalty.

To anyone else who will submit late:

If you want to maximize your efforts you have this much time left before the penalty changes from 10% to 20%.
There will be no bug fixing day for late entries, so it is up to you to make sure it works correctly!

http://s.mmgo.io/t/jPR

Usually there is a bit of bug fixing time afterwards, but if I say “1 day bug fixing” then people will delay their game projects even further. bug fixing time is more for lost images + compatibility issues rather than game breaking bugs that you haven’t bothered to test (which you should be doing anyway as part of the game development process).