Big Bertha

Hi guys, I started a new project over the weekend, a steampunk version of the German WW1 artillery known as “Big Bertha.” The Big Bertha was able to fire 1800lb shells over 15km. Its crew of 200 could manage 8 rounds an hour. Due to its immense size, assembly took 6 hours.
[SUB]Writer, S. (2013, 12 26). 42cm type m-gerat 14 l/12 (big bertha) heavy siege gun (1914). Retrieved from http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=112 [/SUB]

My version of the Big Bertha is meant to be mounted on a land or sea battleship, and would remain stationary until further notice.

Any questions, comments, suggestions? I am very happy with how this turned out. I’m planning to use it in my other WW1 project, though I may have to take a break with blender until after the SATs.

It looks like I forgot to render part of the front walkway, here it is:

Do you plan on giving it materials? when I think of steampunk I think of brass, copper, dark woodgrain, glass, etc. You have lots of possibilities for some really cool materials with this model!

Good question. I’m considering it finished for now, because I’m running low on time. I might consider adding materials in the future, but I am probably going to be busy with other stuff until Winter.

Does anyone know how to make bigger thumbnails? Mine seems about 1/3 the size it should be.

Hey there

This mortar looks amazing, and i would need exactly a steampunky, stationary version like this for a battleship. As it will be 3D printed to a pretty small scale, i would have to remove somet hings like the crane for the ammunition, it would just break off too easily.
If its okay with you i would be very happy to receive an answer.

Kind regards