Big-eyed dude - based on cartoon

Hey Orinoco…I like the way you work with an issue. Break it down, point out details, and make suggestions for improvement. Your face model has good character qualities in a fairly simple mesh. Great example for those wanting to improve their skills in this area. Thks :slight_smile:

That old mesh was just driving me loopy (sorry couldn’t avoid that joke :D!!).

Not really a big update (apart from the fact that I’ve started from scratch!!), but I’ve started with the “main loops”, let me know if I need to change anything with them:

Thanks again for your help Orinoco, I think I would’ve given up without that example!

Well, I guess you’ve realized that your front and side views don’t quite match up, especially under the nose. Not a problem, at least, not a big one, if you decide which view you are going to use for the y axis reference, and then just stay consistent.

Been there, done that. Got the scars…

Coming soon to a tutorial forum near you! (shameless plug) But don’t hold your breath, these things usually take me a lot longer than I expect them to.

Just a quick update for now - haven’t had much time with all this video editing work I’ve got :rolleyes:… Anyway, I’ve added the eye-brows and the eye sockets, see what you think:

And a quick test render, just for the sake of pressing F12…

I’m pretty sure the loops I’ve got so far are all good :yes:, let me know if there’s anything wrong!!!

Other C&C welcome!!

wow, it’s much better now, keep it up in this direction ! :yes:

i liked teh old version, who cares if it wont deform well, i still liked it,

good work gettin ur loops well on Version 2

and you seee the loop tahts going aroudn the mouth, and how in front view its going around the edge of the mouth, in the side view its not, might wanan pull that out so it is, im guessing u tried that and it made it look funny, but its just an observation

Thanks very much for your comments!! Hopefully I’ll get time to give y’all another update tommorow…

Well, I’m hoping to make an animation (although I wasn’t originally intending to!!), so it’s kinda important how it deforms :yes:! Could you explain a bit more why you liked the first one - perhaps it’s just because I haven’t added many features yet, so the expression 'aint there?

Keep the comments coming!

it makes me smile

Just another quick update… It’s not really looking quite how I want it at the moment, but I’ll fix that soon!
Here’s some wires:

Aaaand another quick test render:

maybe u can get teh topology all together and then kinda use it to make a mold of ur original model

Just a quick little update… I’ve had a lot of video editing work recently, so I’ve been quite busy with that, and not had much time (or motivation) to work on this. Hopefully I’ll find the time to finish of at least the head (and ears!)…

Front & Side views:

Test render:

C&C on the loops and anything else are greatly appreciated!