Biker

Here’s a biker!
Still some details and shaders to do,
Let me know what you think!

Thanks.

My pc is screaming just looking at this

Wow the sculpting on the clothes is beautiful! :smiley:

For the bikes material: are you using a Fresnel falloff for the reflections? If not, I would definitely add it, it makes such a big difference.

What are your plans with this bike?

Thanks. It is supposed to have fresnel falloff, maybe needs some tweaking.
Planning to do some pretty renders with it, maybe some kind of animation too.

@sheepHD, it’s not that bad, only 2.9m polygons :slight_smile:

Wow, great job!

Outstanding work, mate, great detail. If I just saw the last image randomly somewhere I wouldn’t think it was CG.

Damn, the bike and driver are looking sweeeeet! As others mentioned his apparal looks fantastic, It would be interesting to see how you did them. One area that I think could be improved is his riding boots, although as I look at post#4, they suddenly look much better than the initial renders you posted.

I originally started modeling it on a makehuman mesh. After i got the base mesh of the clothes complete, did some sculpting.

Here you can see the rig and textures a bit better:

Currently planning to go with this environment:

Thanks

This is extremately realistic, I’m impressed

Whats your day job?

I showed your render in post 4 to about a dozen people at my gliding club, not one guessed it was CGI or believed it when I told them - praise indeed.

Cheers, Clock.

The bike looks so amazingly real! And the guy too, just his pose seems a bit unnatural. Would love to see an animation with this model, maybe a nice wheely or something :smiley:

Are those environments HDRIs or something else? I think they are a big part of the realism of your renderings and I’d love to know more!

Again, awesome work! :RocknRoll:

Oh my word u nailed it man, great stuff

Thanks everyone,

@ToshiCG, yes, HDRIs with backplates from hdrmaps.com

Here’s another pose

Somewhat more difficult to make a convincing render with a bright sun HDRI
Does the scale of the model look correct in relation to the environment?

This is Selina Chen from xiamen, China. I am a professional, caring and honest Chinese interpreter, tour guide and business assistant. I worked full time in Import & Export companies before and have some professional acknowledge about stones, artcraft. With the years experience interpreting from businessman from different industrial, I am also getting familiar with clothes, shoes, bags, electronics, acculturation products, etc. I mostly stay in Xiamen city, while I will travel to any city requested.

My all-in-one service which includes but is not limited to below items:

1. Interpretation & translation
  2. Airport pick up & schedule arrangement
  3. Hotel Reservation, Airline/Train tickets booking, Car rental
  4. Tour guide & shopping guide
  5. Supplier and product sourcing
  6. Business meeting arrangement: I arrange business meeting and help negotiating
  7. Sourcing and products inspection
  8. Business assistance
    Please feel free to contact me if you need any help.
    My email: [email protected]
    My website: www.mychinainterpreter.com
    My facebook: www.facebook.com/xiameninterpreter
    Mobile: +86 185 5920 6319 (whatsapp, viber, wechat)

This is Selina Chen from xiamen, China. I am a professional, caring and honest Chinese interpreter, tour guide and business assistant. I worked full time in Import & Export companies before and have some professional acknowledge about stones, artcraft. With the years experience interpreting from businessman from different industrial, I am also getting familiar with clothes, shoes, bags, electronics, acculturation products, etc. I mostly stay in Xiamen city, while I will travel to any city requested.

My all-in-one service which includes but is not limited to below items:

1. Interpretation & translation
  2. Airport pick up & schedule arrangement
  3. Hotel Reservation, Airline/Train tickets booking, Car rental
  4. Tour guide & shopping guide
  5. Supplier and product sourcing
  6. Business meeting arrangement: I arrange business meeting and help negotiating
  7. Sourcing and products inspection
  8. Business assistance
    Please feel free to contact me if you need any help.
    My email: [email protected]
    My website: www.mychinainterpreter.com
    My facebook: www.facebook.com/xiameninterpreter
    Mobile: +86 185 5920 6319 (whatsapp, viber, wechat)

I’ll be curious as to what others think … my eyes don’t always serve me right regarding scale. But I think maybe the models are just
a little too large relative to the environment.

I’m curious if you used real world scaling when modeling the bike and driver? When I look at the render in post #4, the driver looks scaled to large compared to the size of the bike. But in #15 he looks about the right size.

This model is over realistic. Jawdropping, I just thought it was a photo. I’m a little bit tired but just with one glance I can’t say if all the photos you put here are photos or renders.

scale is absolutly ok,small animation would be great.