Biohazard Discovery

Software: Blender, Marmoset Toolbag and Photoshop

Three more containment barrels have been discovered in Bozeman Montana by workers cleaning out an old industrial warehouse. The military has dispatched a reconnaissance team to investigate and recover the barrels.

This is a rendering I did for my containment barrel, along with some characters from BigMediumSmall and some various crates and barrels I got from the Blender Marketplace.

I did two different versions of this scene. The first one has more of a modern look, moody and dimly lit with heavy shadows. The second one has more of a 1985, George Romero, Day of the Dead vibe. Not sure which one I like better. I’m kind of happy with both of them.

7 Likes

Great work! I like the lighting in the first one but I also like the abundance of more visible detail in the second. I think brightening the first one could really improve it. Some dust particles and cob webs could also help give the feel of “an old industrial warehouse”. Sorry if you weren’t looking for criticism lol just sharing my thoughts on how to improve it.
Again, good job! :+1:

1 Like

@LMalachi Thanks for the feedback. Adding dust and cobwebs is a good idea, and now that I have a new high end computer, I might come back to it at some point and add more detail. My old computer wasn’t very powerful and I had to make compromises and jump through hoops to get these renders out. I’m still happy with them, but a dirty version would be cool too.

1 Like

Sounds great! I hope to see it again with those adjustments! :smiley:

1 Like

Looks ace. I agree with the dust particles and what not in the air. That would look cool. :slight_smile: Great work.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll have to do some research on cobweb generators, but the dust and air particles shouldn’t be a problem. I just need to find some time to work on it.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you. Have a great weekend!

1 Like