Biomeka Creature nr2

You have interesting modeling workflow. Actually it is modelling+texturing?! Doesn’t that slow you down?
Anyway great update!
More points of view please :slight_smile: And some wires for color.

I saw your characters section in your gallery. You have very good sence for horror! I am planning to make something in that genere when clear up the concept.

Thanks… I’ve heard a bit mumble about me doing lighting / texturing while modelling… But i… well uh… I like to think that textures can guide me when making shapes (so that the shapes support the idea of textures i am going after, if you get my meaning) … Now what comes to Horror… its been my wet dream to make Horror monsters… and scenery (like in Aliens and such)…

I’ll see if i can whip up another angle or … something… I am just bit lazy on that regard… i just usually upload my latest testrender to server and thats it… :S

Oh btw… had to make a bit of sketching for this today (i dont usually sketch anything) but after trillion variations of hand / leg combination nothing seemed to work… so had to take pencil… :S

here is another screenie… i didnt really know what to post… so here is just slightyl close up from center body…

I was going to take wireshot. but tbh i didnt figure out a way to render out anything that could be recognised as wireframe. Its just too … wired up… eh…

Attachments

crap.
i wanna be able to do that…

Made a hand… . Prototype currently. Figuring out how to make it look nice… now it is bit… sluggish looking…

(Image outdated sorry)

Dang man, that’s incredible. Did “Creature Factory” help you that much? I’ve seen your other stuff and it’s really good, but this is pro…

I am kinda clad you asked… The CF (Creature Factory) came in same time i started working this project. I checked it out … but it did not teach me Much new. only few very helpful tips’n’Tricks i did not know earlier… But i admit i got few ideas from it (mainly on regarding ways how to model some of thedetails).

So if i had to say… i’d say there is a hint of Creature Factory in this… but not critical ammount i think.

Okay. Remade the joints and fingers of the hand… now it looks (and is) bit more flexible…

http://www.aeon-visuals.com/blender/creature2b.jpg

Uploaded new version of this :

(obsolete)

Ah… Vacations are behind me. Maybe its now time to finish this project.

(obsolete)

Okay… finally update. Started to model legs (after making some plans on how they operate) … I am starting to NOT LIKE the main material… its just … kinda out of control. Have to figure out something proper soon.

texture updated. For some reason the JPG compression blackened it quite a bit… might have to compensate for that somehow.

Nice progress!
How many polys so far?
The materials look good, but are they - on daylight or more intese lighting (like projectors or explosions :slight_smile:

yet another material update. Now it has the look i am after (on my LCD) … Well i never could imagine such creature on daylight… so i imagine the lighting is in indoors… Or… some scifi scenery. faces… uh if i am reading this correctly about 200k

Wow, nice work. I particularly like the hand. Would you mind posting a wire view?

Awesome! Very creepy and detailed. I’d like to see wireframes too if that’s OK.

I’ll see what i can do… i am not sure how to post nice wireview of this thing… (without too much effort)… yes… i am lazy.

Screen capture usually works for me.

as you can see from the image up there… new lighting setup… also some tunes in the materials.

http://www.aeon-visuals.com/blender/creature2.jpg

Working now on legs… also trying desperately fight off the game look and proper darknes for main mass.