Bisect as modifier

I was trying to do things with bisect today and realised I really needed it as a modifier and went searching… and I find this great work in progress!
One eager customer here for it when you get it finished :yes:

Modifiers are a lot better than manual action. For example, we mostly use sub-division surface to smooth the surface so that we can control the amount of sub-division by increasing or decreasing value.

No news?:confused:

This modifier is a must! Thank you very much @kgeogeo for the amazing work you are doing. But, how could I make it to work in 2.70?? Just downloaded the .py and install as an addon but does not seem to appear in the modifiers list. I have read that it is necesary a hole compilation of Blender, but this is not in my skills yet (hehe). Any news? I think it must be included in the next official revision. But in the meanwhile… I would love to have it because I am working on an architectural visualizacion project, and it will be so easy and spectacular to animate some sections!!

Edit: Ups, I missed the post about your personal situation kgeogeo, hopefully you will solve it. Go on!

hi kgeogeo … thanks for this tool… may be you can help me … bisect tool use a plane_no parameter… do you know how calculate that???

thanks for any information

I know, this is old topic. But you can use Dynamic Slice and Cap add-on. This is not a modifier, but totally works dynamic and it can works with modifiers.

Dynamic Slice and Cap add-on

1 Like

I’ve just made a proposal on right click select, precisely on this after just discovering the bisect tool in the toolbar. It would be great to have in so many instances, where boolean either fails or takes too long.

3 Likes