Bizarre mesh results

I’m relatively new to blender and this has stumped me. The attached image is a single mesh. No doubles. This occurred recently on an existing file I’ve been working on for some time. It only occurs in this file. I’m using Blender 3.5 and 3.6.5. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hmm so the red color is suggesting show Face Orientation but there is no blue color ?? SO this might be a graphics card problem… but hten you say just in this file ?? Can you pull this a bit apart or provide the blend file ??

Sure, thanks. The file is too large to send here. Any suggestions? While reducing the file I noticed in the outliner on several of the meshes a tiny “q”. What does that mean?
Outliner

Hi, Ed

Would you mind to provide your .blend file?

I use dropbox. Any problem giving me your email?

If your file less than 5MB, you can easily drop it here, in the textarea, while replying :slight_smile:

i think that’s just a cut off mesh icon, like on BaseWalls. columns aren’t wide enough to display the whole icon.

Keep in mind that you only need in the file as much as necessary to show the problem.

If the problem presents itself on one single object, delete the rest and save that as the example file. Sometimes people forget that if they have a problem with a door knob object, we don’t need to see the entire house.

My first guess is that you have two faces sitting on top of each other; that can happen when you start and exit an extrusion operation, without actually moving a face.

My file is large, 400mg. And only about eight meshes!! Something must be wrong. Okay, I appended the meshes into a new blender file and it is only 1380kb. Also the issue of the surfaces showing the red patches is gone. I guess that means the original file is corrupt?

In the original file all of the meshes showed that issue old and newly created meshes. I checked for doubles first.

Maybe you just did not append some useless files and thus you don’t see any red patches?

Thanks guys. I think I know what I need to do from here.

1 Like

Ups… ( what all happens when someone is away from keyboard… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Ohh i gues this is just the triangular mesh icon… :wink:
… but a bit cropped… just resize the outliner to the left…

JustMoveIt