Black Hole Eta

My latest black hole render, now polished enough to post as finished
I’ll make more revisions in the future, but those will be separate renders
Inspired by Interstellar’s and @BlackRainbow 's black holes, but using a different technique
All feedback is appreciated :smiley:

16 minute render on 1650 ti

3 Likes

@Maxdoucette what do you think?

Hey, nice one!

In one of my iteration i kept getting blurry star bg image after lensing, though i was using pretty high res image. Realised, star background should be tiny dots with very high emision intensity to have more “natural” feel in lensed area.

1 Like

Thanks!
Yeah it’s hard to get a star shader that looks right, I used a combination of noise textures with very high gamma and part of a skybox from a KSP mod lol
Btw your renders are :pinched_fingers: :sparkles:

@luispabloherrera I’ve told you this before, the actual back hole is very well done, but the star shader is very distracting. If you’re going for accuracy, it’s fine. But if you’re going for a beautiful image, I would tone the stars down a ton, maybe even remove them. I noticed that on @BlackRainbow 's black hole renders he just has a solid black background, bringing attention to the focal point.

Just my two cents.

1 Like

Yeah I think my renders are a bit crowded
I’ll make some corrections to the Star shader in the next render: D

Hmm I’m actually not sure which would be more accurate, because on one hand, black holes tend to be near lots of stars and such, but on the other hand, the black hole (+accretion disk) can be very bright
So maybe it would be more accurate to tone down the stars haha
Hmmm

Takeaways:
Rework star shader