Blend file utils for 2.8

Hi! In 2.79b there was this very very useful integrate addons that allowed to create a zip file that contained all the textures, and linked assets of a blend file, maintaining all the relative paths.

This is a life saver in some occasion.

Unfortunately I cannot see this addon in 2.8x/9x… anyone knows if there are plans to port it from 2.79?

I didn’t knew that something like that existed!
Maintaining all the linked assets would be something of great value! I wouldn’t even mind to buy such an add-on :slight_smile:

yes, it’s called “blend file utils” and is integrated in 2.79b, you just need to activate it from the addon list. Not sure if there’s another way to do the same in 2.8?

Perhaps one of the script creators ( I think @ideasman42 still visits this forum ) can bring some light in to this mater :slight_smile: I’ve checked blender 2.79, 2.8 and 2.9 and I confirm that it was present in 2.79 and ain’t no more since then… apparently without known alternative.

1 Like

Well. Campbell Barton & Sybren A. Stüvel are official Blender developers with lots of responsiblity.
That may explain why they did not find time during 2.8/2.9 development to update that addon.
Campbell is currently making a lot of clean-up of code and bugfixing and should work on Add Object active tool for 2.91.
Sybren is working on USD.