I’ve been experimenting with the shrinkwrap modifier in 2.48a. And have a question about the offset value (allows value of zero and greater than zero).
- I added a sphere.
- I added an open ended cylinder.
- I then used the multi-cut knife tool (20 cuts) to add some segmentation along the length.
- The sphere sits in the center of the cylinder and has a larger radius than the cylinder.
- The sphere diameter is also about two-thirds the height of the cylinder.
- Added the shrinkwrap modifier to the cylinder.
- Target is the sphere
- Type is projection
- The positive toggle is selected (all other projection type toggles are un-selected)
- SS Levels is 0
When I set the offset value to non-zero the surface of the cylinder moves inside that of the sphere. I would have expected the surface of the cylinder to move outward away from the surface of the sphere.
Can anyone else replicate this? Is this as it should be?
I tried flipping the normals to see if this would affect how the offset is applied but no change in the behavior.
** EDIT ** Here is the blend
Got some time to upload the blend file. Offset is 0.03 but offsets into the sphere instead of away from it.