Blender 2.49b late start

Hi Guys,
Why do Blender 2.49b takes time to start on my Acer Aspire 6920G? I have 4gs of ram, actually the 2 versions of 2.49 take time to start and even say that Blender is not responding.:frowning:
I am thinking of putting Ubuntu 9.04 in parallel with Vista. I want to run Blender from there together with the other FREE apps. ANY COMMENTS? :o
regards & GOD BLESS

well i got an acer machine too with 4GB and Vista premium and no problems at all to run blender if installed as indicated

so not certain what the problem is with your machine

did you follow the normal installation procedure ?

what graphic ard do you have may be related to this card ?

you should also get the latest version of blender 2.49c!

happy blendering

What am I missing? I donā€™t see Blender 2.49c on the websiteā€¦

at the blender download it should be the current version
which is sometimes called C
cause itā€™s the third time 2.49 is release see the release notes

in any case whatā€™s your graphic ard

that nay be where the problem is !

happy blendering

The first version has no letter, itā€™s 2.49, then comes 2.49a and 2.49b which is the third.

Do the computer run other apps ok? have the latest graphic drivers?

I usually experience a delay in Blenderā€™s startup when running it for the first time after booting my system. Every time, thereafter, it loads quickly. It probably has something to do with the way my system caching is setup. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s the same thing youā€™re experiencing, though. Iā€™ve never seen a ā€œNot Respondingā€ message in the windowā€™s titlebar.

that is kind of weird. Never had that problem butā€¦
I booted a netbook (Atom 1.6ghz 1gig ram) with a live system yesterday, and baked fluid at 75 resolution and it bakes faster than my P4 3.2ghz with 2gigs ram.

Thanks Guys
Kernond, it seems that you are the closest to my problem, but it is starting up a little too long compared to the other apps. Has it got anything to do with using a ā€œzipā€ version instaed of an ā€œinstalerā€ version. My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS TurboCache. What about the Ubuntu bit? Any comments?
regards &GOD BLESS

PS Iā€™M STILL A NOOB!!!