Blender 2.5 Alpha 2 UV Layout export

I use the gimp image editor and That takes svg with no problem.

Hm, ok. Gimp just takes too long to load for my taste, so I created a basic SVG to PNG converter in c#. [Don’t worry, its freeware :p]

Download

well i get the

“RNA STRING SET UV OT export layout. filename not found
RNA String Set : UV OT export layout. directory not found.”

errors (whatever those mean)
but it does save files and i can open them. however i can only open the eps files in photoshop with a defined pixel size (svg doesn’t open at all) and with the lines missing its kinda useless

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we get a bitmap image option in the UV export… gimmie a tga with defined pixel dimensions… its easy and fast… and just works.

If you’re using Blender 2.52, when in the UV/image editor section, select the UV menu and go to Export UV Layout. Locate the directory and then type in the name of “UV data.svg” or something similar, just make sure you have the .svg at the end. DO NOT CLICK SAVE!
In the toolbox menu (should be the left) at the bottom panel it should be titled “Export UV Layout” and in there make sure “All UV’s” is checked ,and the “Format:” drop-down is selected to “Scalable Vector Grap” and not any other. Now you can save.
If it asks you to overwrite, do it.

Then to convert it to an image, use THEAniKan’s .svg to .png converter.
If you want the link, you can click here or just scroll up.

Hope this helped.

thanks LimeIgloo; i installed python 2.7 but did not work in 2.5 alpha2, later i stalled 2.5 Beta and is working now.