Blender 2.5 Transparent Background Render

Hi All,

I can’t seem to figure out how to render an image with a transparent background with 2.5.2. I can do it just fine with 2.49. But the interface has changed and I have tried to find information on the internet and different forums. Here’s what I tried (but didn’t work).

1. I render the image (F12). The rendered image has a dark blue background.
  2. On the bottom, I select “Draw image with RGB colors and alpha transparency”
  3. (I save at this point, but it’s still dark blue) At this point, I go up to the render menu and select render image (F12 again)
  4. I go to the bottom and select Image->Save As
  5. I select PNG and type the file name, etc.
  6. I click save.

But the background is still dark blue. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks!

Have you selected RGBA in the render settings, just below where you select the image output format.
I’ve just tried it and I get the transparent background when I select ‘RGB colors and alpha transparency’ in the render window

Richard

Thanks for your reply Richard!

Forgive me but I can not find Render Settings… LOL!!! I looked all over. However, in the rendering screen (the same screenshot that you posted), I went to the properties pane and under “Image”, I see Render Result “Image: size 800 x 600, RGBA float”

The render settings to select RGBA

That’s it! Thanks Richard for all your help!!!

Hello i make this RGBA but i can not get transparent background also

aren’t there are menu to navigate the transparent just like in this site http://coplaz.com ?
is that a different case?

Under the film settings (it’s underneath the integrator settings on mine), there is a also a checkbox called transparent. check this box as well and it should work

hey where can i set the color and grid size of the alpha “chess board” in image editor?