Blender 2.5x Keyboard Shortcuts

What keyboard shortcut(s) can I use to switch between object mode and particle mode in 2.59 on Mac OS X 10.6?

I found a hot key map at http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/1/14/Keyboardlayout_250.png but it isn’t accurate. It looks like the new keyboard command layout is supposed to make the number keys across the top of the keyboard switch between object mode, edit mode, weight paint mode, etc. but when I use them they always behave as before, selecting layers instead. I played around in user preferences but couldn’t find anything.

I was just looking at the same thing.

Create a new shortcut in the User Preferences / Input tab. Copy from those already there under 3D View / Object Non-modal

Attachments

I was thinking that it would be nice if a map existed that had the default keyboard layout.

I was thinking that it would be nice if a map existed that had the default keyboard layout.
Well it only takes a minute for you to set a shortcut that is tailored specifically to how you work.

Oh I know, I was just saying that it would be nice to learn the default one first before venturing out. That’s all.