Blender 2.65 Slows down for high poly meshes and Sculpting

I want to see if anyone else is having this problem. I downloaded Blender 2.65 for the PC, here are my specs…

I7 Sandy Bridge Processor 3.4 ghz
12 gb of G.Skill Ripjaws ram
EVGA Geforce GTX 560 ti graphics card with 1 gb of video memory
Asrock z77 Pro4 M Micro ATX motherboard

…and I’ve noticed that Blender tends to lag whenever I have a high poly mesh loaded up. Right now the mesh I’m working on (Retopologizing) has about 529860 faces and the file itself is only 77 mb. So it’s not a big file or a big mesh but for some reason when I retopologize it it gives me some lag. It’s not too bad but just enough to notice Blender’s not performing up to par. The other problem I’ve noticed is I experience the same lag when I sculpt an object with a multi-resolution modifier applied to it. Once I reach half a million faces it starts lagging . This is disconcerting to me because I have the same version of Blender installed on one of the iMacs at my school, which is the 32 bit version, and when I have the same file up on that it runs fine. No lag or anything.

I don’t think it’s my computer because I have Autodesk Mudbox on my machine and I’ll have meshes that are over 7 million polys and I wont experience any problems.

Could it be that the PC version of Blender isn’t quite as polished as the mac version? Should I install an older version of Blender and if so which one can you recommend?

One last thing, I have a duel monitor setup. My main monitor is plugged into my graphics card which is run by the latest nvidia driver and the other monitor is plugged into my motherboard which has Intel HD graphics as its driver. Could that have something to do with it, having two separate drivers running two different monitors.

Any advice or info would be a great help, thank you!

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”

I did what you suggested and Blender is working great right now. I can get up to about 40 million polys before I experience any serious problems. My last question is where Can I find the Disable Double sided faces function after I install it. I can activate it just fine through the space bar search, but where do I go to switch it on and off?