Blender 2.7 is still better IMO

Blender 2.8 is so bad when it comes to the interface and keybindings they are 3 times harder to find and manipulate, the menus are all confusing and non-intuitive, everything takes 3 times longer to find with 3 times the mouse clicks. The navigation is horrible and all the time should be going into making cycles as good as LuxCoreRenderer specifically with caustics and bi directional path tracing. Just continue developing 2.7 its so much faster to work in and all the menus take one to two mouse clicks not 6.

If your going to continue with 2.8 then please at least continue developing 2.7 because at least with the menus and navigation I can get work done in a reasonable amount of time, oh and right click select is so much better!

The 2.7x key bindings are still available in the preferences.

1 Like

Don’t like it? Then stay with 2.79
Unfortunately for you the 99.99% of users and professionals disagree with you

5 Likes

This seems to me like an objective statement, got any examples?

What is it that you dont like about it?
If you want to complain, you have to give concrete examples.

I think they did an amazing job cleaning up the program in 2.8. I too had the same reaction as you, i was stunned by the lack of “stuff”, and expected so many things to be gone, but after giving it a bit i realised that actually, nothing that i used to use daily is missing. Maybe moved, but just as easily accessible.

This is subjective, but hey, i agree. You can change it to RMB when you open the program :wink:

I spent a good day just changing keybindings to suit my 2.79 workflow, and once done, it felt just like home. All im waiting for now is addon support.

4 Likes

2.8 is the only reason I got into Blender. Couldn’t stand the previous state of the interface.

4 Likes

I’m just waiting until the first non-beta release before moving on.

I’ll probably sill keep 2.79 because there’s a few rigs I got that won’t work in 2.8 otherwise.

Thought exactly the same for a first week and then opened 2.79 and coudn’t understand why it’s so awkward.
That’s a matter of habit, I assume.

2 Likes