Blender 2.77 RC2

Is the zip for windows 64 already built?Can i just unzip and use it or do i have to compile it?

Only unzip and run, the zips are on since 5 March.

Cheers, mib

Thank You devs for all the informations! (@VDB) I have tried to replicate the structure in Houdini (50% there) but the effort it takes is not really practical. I will keep trying though. I hope maybe in future this might be supported more straightforwardly! :slight_smile:

It’s an amazing build with so many updates but 1 thing keeps me chained to 2.76… I would like to reask about the new bmesh BOOLEANs in 2.77. Is there a version available with it? Some of the 2.76 scenes i open fail boolean operations that were very stable in 2.76 with Bmesh booleans. As such I assume that they are absent and old system is used?

Thank you

Just played around with the final build and tried the Smoke/Fire on GPU rendering… WOW! On my computer it’s at least 10x faster than on the CPU, this is a real game-changer, the fastest rendering of effects like this I’ve ever seen in any software! Thank you so much, dear Blender developers!

cgstrive: how did this go? I am trying the same thing with no luck :confused: