This blend seems to crash (hang) the Blender versions I have tried it on. Can anybody confirm?
Steps to reproduce:
- Initiate screen render in lower right window with shift+z.
- In the material window, switch from radial mode to UV map.
Instant hang, the selection doesn’t even update. If render was not initialized, Blender will allow switching to UV based, but will hang once you start rendering.
CPU/GPU doesn’t matter. Something went kind of awry when I made of the “lamps”, in that when I enabled subsurf (>0) some faces just wouldn’t show up. Normals seemed okay, no doubles, everything unhid, no verts seemed loose, and I could select and move the face. I had to delete a few loops and recreate them to get it back. That’s the first time that has ever happened to me (I build it on the Disney version, not sure if it matters), and I’ve had no issues before using UV based tangents. That’s no guarantee though that I didn’t mess up this time.
Both objects was previously operated like this:
- Part of tube was separated to own object.
- Merged loops to form single points, points merged.
- Converted the mesh (now basically a curve of vertices) to a curve object.
- Reshaped, points added, smoothed etc.
- Added thickness to it and converted back to mesh.
- Merged with object it came from.
- UV Unwrapped to form a nice square suitable for UV tangents.
- Added subsurf (not 100% sure I did it here of if it existed beforehand). Now I noted the missing part and fixed that.
The converting mesh->curve->edit&refine->mesh process has caused frequent crashes, and also did it this time. On next restart everything seem normal again and conversion process will work. I believe the full mesh isn’t UV unwrapped, but it would still crash if I select all and did a simple unwrap.
Can anybody confirm?
@aermartin: Both blends and textures show thumbnails when I enable it. Didn’t try anything else.