Blender 2.8 - Code Quest - Crowd sourced funding

-7 USB rockets to the goal!!!

A countdown is a must in this context :slight_smile:

999 now, wonders of the 2.8 will speed up. I am happy and pleased.

Wow ! Just checked. Goal is now reached and surpassed by 3 rockets. But the little rocket is still going.

That was so quick. Perhaps they could try limited edition figurines of the Open Movie characters in future ventures.
That’s if the manufacturing process is not too expensive or complex.

The stretch goal has been defined.

Getting to 2500 Rockets will mean 2 additional developers at the Quest and one or more developers staying for an extended period (and make 2.8 an even larger leap in the process).

Will be better if they tell the special surprise now, instead of wait to 2500 rockets.

Which special surprise do you mean? Do you mean the next stretch goal?

In the webpage they tell that if they sell 2500 rockets will be a special surprise. Will be better clear targets.

On top of the additional coders and extensions, there is going to be that cherry, a special surprise. It makes people curious, that’s exactly the goal of that message and it might help to actually reach 2500 in the case it is getting tight.

Ordered one right away. Great way of supporting Blender development.

I hope the 2500 rockets will be reached as well. Eat that, Elon Musk! :wink:

I suppose that it depends of how of big you imagine the “surprise”. I was thinking in a development suprise.

If it was a development surprise, it would be even more important to keep it a secret. There would be unreasonable expectations and misinterpretations all over the place no matter how clear they formulate it. This would ultimately lead to lots of complaining about the incompetent developers who are not keeping their promises and we would have one more interesting thread in this forum where people could complain and rant just for the sake of it. This happend more than once!

With the last threads that I see, the “pay wall” and similar… It could be true.

I usually don’t bet, but for this one I totally would. I am absololutely certain that it would happen.

Guys, don’t you know the surprise is that the 2500 rockets will be blasted into space, forming a Blender logo up there?

man, that would be so dope

If the cherry on top was revealed on Blender.org now, then it would no longer be a surprise :slight_smile:

I am curious whether there will be a Tesla in that rocket or not.

How many rockets do I have to buy to finally get multi object editing in Blender? :slight_smile:

We don’t know. It is not marked.
1150 rockets to go to a cartoon moon. Maybe when it will be reached ; next target would be a cartoon mars , a cartoon Oort Cloud. a cartoon galaxy …

Is there something’s wrong with the rocket animation ? On the current state (1410), the rocket should have done 30% of the blue path but it’s looks like it done only half of that.

Yeah, it makes it look like the goal is way more out of reach than it actually is :slight_smile: