Blender 2.8 development thread

Yes it would be so cool if you could use the 3D Cursor as a custom axis or if new objects were rotated/scaled to the 3D Cursor. Although potentially annoying in some cases.
Edit: Why are my answers to posts newer shown as answers?!

It doesn’t show if your reply is right after the post that you reply to. :wink:

1 Like

I think you have to click the reply button on the post, not the reply at the bottom. Edit: Ah, guess it does still keep it inline.

Here is the design task for what they plan with the 3d cursor. All it has so far is rotation and the “conservative” visual design.

Another wish for 2.8 : i"d like to be able to transfer hair combing to another tpopology, and to change topology withoult messing the combing

I want Xgen in blender ^^

There is lot of work on the particle system in blender.

2 Likes

#metoo having hard to understand that logic. If the menu is getting too long, may be we need another entry menu, I just hate nested stuff :frowning:

Is there a reason that the lines of the 3D cursors crosshair don´t go all the way to the center point? It would be useful if the lines went all the way in because then we could see more precisely where the cursor is placed.

Non of the new designs have a visually distinguishable center either.

2 Likes

Will the splash get some TLC also for 2.8? I could imagine loading the snapshots used for icons , for the recent files.

Is it going to be discussed at some point common problems users have, and lack of consistency?
There have been some threads with some interesting proposals from some users, but I do not remember it well. Some of these threads:

Update on Workbench design with selection.

We want to remove the face dots in face select mode, because it’s very distracting, especially on dense meshes. Here’s how we want to differentiate vertex, edge & face select mode in Blender 2.8:

The big difference is, that now make the element type corresponding to the current to the selection mode more prominent. Than means the when in vertex select mode, vertices should be more prominent. In edge select mode, edges are more prominent. Same thing for face select mode.

Active elements will become more prominent, rather than less so, as is the case today.

Dang. I think like somebody mentioned earlier, this should be an overlay. Some people like them.

The face dots are definitely handy in wireframe view. I’ll have to see what they come up with for wireframe before I can judge whether I like it or not.

4 Likes

Face dots should still be an option - just have it tossed in the Mesh Display panel like the rest of the forgotten display helpers go. Face dots mark the boundary of whether or not a face is included in box/lasso select, and also lets us accurately select faces in wireframe mode.

2 Likes

facedots are really good, I won’t see with good eyes that remove completely.

Yeah, I’m not in favour of removing face dots either, maybe make it an overlay or a global setting or something.

About 3d cursor : why not make it a full 4*4 matrix with scale as well ? Could be useful for “matching transforms” or other tools. I think the plan is to make the “3d cursor placement tool” capable of moving it, snapping it etc.

Agree the studio lighting should have on of those “normal ball” widgets.

1 Like

New Blender Dev vid

3 Likes

Could be nice if the random color could be per material too, to see which objects use the same material.
There is a material option, but right now, it’s not working.

1 Like

Not a fan of face dots, so I’m glad they are looking into it… But I don’t think it’s necessary to make the active elements that prominent… But yeah, cool stuff…

I agree.

I agree for those who don’t like them, it’s a nice idea. I just think if they were overlays, they could be on or off.

2 Likes