Blender 2.8 discontinue support old hardware

He probably trolling us
Don’t feed the troll

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

During the discussion, I asked specific questions about backward compatibility with the previous Blender version line (2.5x). If you think this is a trolley, your business.

Such foul language is inappropriate!

the politic stuff started with the “my country is sanctioned” stuff which has 0 to do with why 2.8 has gotten upped its minimum system requirements.

This is the real world, but I don’t want to go deep into politics. I write that in different countries the standard of living is different. And Blender 2.8 will now become unavailable for many until they buy a new hardware …

simply save for new hardware, its not like you have to do immediately switch to the beta releases of 2.8.

before sanctions 1 us dollar = 30 russian rubels.
after 1 us dollar = 60+ russian rubels :slight_smile:

And what can you advise on personnel (employees). Re-educate them all? :slight_smile: And where is the complete reference for 2.8?

Good for you then. Make some stuff for Shutterstock or iStock. They pay in dollars. US dollars.

hardware in US dollars also…

There is no need to attack an old Blender user concerned because he will not be able to use new Blender versions on his very old hardware.
It is also true that the economic situation in different countries is very different, so it is not necessary to judge anyone here or give advice on how he should live or what he would have to do.
Just limited to reporting facts. Blender needs to move forward and there are no resources to support old and new versions of Blender at the same time. Still and as always, Blender 2.8 will support hardware older than what other similar programs usually support.

2 Likes

Yes, but you can make stuff with blender 2.79 for any stock and make dollars. For money you can buy hardware. Trust me, earning few bucks on stocks is very easy.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for their comments and points of view! It was pleasant and informative to talk!

You could be running 2.8 by now, but you didn’t answered my message. So :v:

1 Like

I am not an English user to understand the new interface of the site right away … because maybe I clicked somewhere … I would be grateful to you for .dll

You can buy hardware from aftermarket. They shouldn’t be affected by usd price and should be relatively cheap.
Even cheapest hardware from last 5 years will support at least ogl 3.3< and propably 4.x.

Answer to the OP question: The updated hardware specs are needed because of the updated software functionality. Cannot have both.

Answer to the “Blender is not for everyone” tangent: Blender never was for everyone and hasn’t been for everyone for a very long time. It was always for “everyone that had a PC that can handle the software and are willing to deal with the idiosyncrasies of it’s Ton-directed interface design” This has not changed, it’s just that the people it is excluding now includes yourself.

Blender is 3D content creation software. As the needs of those creating content expand & increase, the requirements of the software expand and increase. There were PC’s that couldn’t handle 2.5. There are PC’s that can’t handle 2.8.

4 Likes

No. Only those who want and are able to do so.
ie. i will stay with 2.79b for quite some time – as i’m used to it, it feels better & i’m much faster with it.

For you, all it takes is passion – to strive & persevere. Look at it from the other side - the tool will make you no better than you already are – it is the problematic situation (such as this one) that will help you grow to become better and only you can make it beneficial to your being.

Or, as it looks here, you can brake it – make your own life a living hell.

That’s what strong ego in weak personality does.

Choose wisely where you walk…

1 Like

I have a feeling that Ton Rosendaal and team, are reinventing the bike called Blender once every 8-10 years :slight_smile: