Blender 2.8 new features : Toolbar with Icons

Hi Blender fans, in this video I show a new feature of Blender 2.8, a dynamic toolbar on the left side with icons.

1 Like

We have a whole thread only to show the blender2.8 development.s.

Hi

Thank’s for the video…:slight_smile:

You make some of the best video I have seen…I have seen lots of videos…!

Short video with so good info and You only say whats needed…Really like it…Cheers

Tai

Should the shear (/skew?) command be made more visible by putting it on the toolbar? Possibly as a cage move maybe.

Nice! Liking the direction of that.

This is looking so awesome. I’m actually thrilled with the direction Blender is taking.

I’d love to see an explanation of collections or whatever it’s called, the outliner replacement thingie.

I particularly like the idea of text/icons combo until you’re used to them and can hide the text.

I will create a video for this, but currently it is still too buggy:-)

I’ll watch for it. Thank you.

Looks pretty useless from GUI/UX aspect. Icon + Text uses much more space (ans space was always an issue in the Toolbar). Icons are too big, buttons are too big (except if it was made for 6 years olds). ‘Drop-down’ is a bad approach (even in PS and Max, totally non-productive). What else? Its nice. What is something I do not need.

1 Like

Hi Jayanam, just want to mention thanks for the videos, and more importantly the consistency. I must say that when i saw one of your earlier videos 6 months + ago, I then ignored your videos for quite a while because i was distracted by the background in your camera, This is the first one that I have watched since then, and i’m impressed by the improvement.

Also [again] as an aspiring online educationalist (does that word exist?), i do look up to your consistency of putting videos up all the time. So, thanks :slight_smile: