Hello
Slow work in edit mode - Attach video
How to fix?

My pc:
win 10
i7 4790k
32 gb ddr3
asus gtx 970

The fix is to use 2.79 or wait for 2.8 stable. It is still beta and bad edit mode performance is well known issue with it. It should be better in few weeks/months.

1 Like

That looks pretty fast to me, so I’m not sure what your expectations are. That kind of operation in 2.80 is a bit faster than in 2.79 for me.

The Cycles Render Device settings have no effect on viewport performance which depends only on which video card Blender is using for its UI. You can find the blender.exe file and right-click it and see if you have either “Run with graphics processor ->” or “Render OpenGL on ->” menus that might affect this.

1 Like

ajarosz
This problem on 2.79 and 2.8
My 2.8 works better than 2.79
But Max and Maya work smooth.

I don’t think there’s really anything you can do about it right now, but there’s a lot of discussion around performance of Blender both in absolute terms and in comparison to other tools, and the devs are continuously doing both small and large improvements trying to make sure that 2.80 isn’t slower than 2.79 (except in a couple specifically known areas). At this point I would not expect major enhancements (as opposed to fixes) for performance issues before 2.80 final releases.

1 Like

That is strange. For me and for most of the people here 2.79 is at least twice as fast as 2.80 is in edit mode. 2.80 is still in beta stage. Major performance fixes are still yet to come, you need to be patient. Zbrush, max and all other softs have more developers and that’s why they have to be better than Blender in some areas.

1 Like

Ajarosz, Zoot
Thanks for your reply

I hope you are not serious :slight_smile:

Blender 2.79 works much faster for me than 2.8. Working with subidivision surface turned ON or inside UV Editor is painfully.

But I understand that it’s still in Beta :slight_smile: