Blender 2.8 User Interface/Usability

Glad to hear this, as I tried to set up a key binding for something recently and found the current system to be a bit complex and confusing. I’m almost certain I’ll have to do some amount of customisation for 2.8, since they are talking about using tilde for search, and tilde is in a really unfortunate place on my keyboard.

Pablo and Dalai mentioned in the latest Blender Today video that 2.8 would probably have a reduced shortcut keymap compared to 2.7, which could be good if it keeps all the important functions and ditches the least used things. I think that this must be the reason they want to improve the keymap editor.

Actually, the other day I was working in Photoshop and realised that it might be good for me to use a split keyboard so that I can just use the left side next to my wacom when working in PS and Blender so the keyboard and wacom are the same distance from my body. This would probably require me to make a new keymap for blender, mapping all the important functions to the left side of the keyboard (basically an ergonomic layout).