Blender 2.80

I’m sure i’m doing something wrong and probably the solution is simple BUT:

1. i Installed the latest beta 2.80 blender-2.80-41cba97-win64.zip
  2. launch blender 2.80
  3. i select the default cube and CTRL+2 (subsrf modifier)

The cube remain a cube!!!
What’s i’m wrong?

The 2.8 builds are all early experimental and aren’t yet in beta, Don’t expect all functions to work

ok, but a modifier is something related to the mesh…
do you have the same experience?

Ehh…You could make use of search function on the forum. Or read all warning on the download blender.org page. 2.8 is not even beta. Most of the features are or not there yet or don’t work jut like they should. Use blender 2.79b. Beta of 2.8 is planned for late summer, final version for autumn/winter. Just keep that in mind.

I believe that most of the modifiers aren’t working without launching 2.8 with a special command line option… That being said, I heard that as of yesterday some of the modifiers should now be functional. Keep in mind that, as has been said, 2.8 is very unstable and may not function as you expect.

1 Like

If you run blender with “—enable-copy-on-write” it should make it work. I think since yesterday, it is enabled by default. Blender seems to be even more unstable with that enabled.

in 2.8 the menu is on top of the window (more like any other app in general). But i like the menu to be at the bottom , can i modify it ?

Thanx for your answer.

before posting i’ve searched topics similar to mine. I don’t find anything related to this.
I’m already using Blender for my business.
But, at the end, I’ve only ask a question and i’ve asked if i’m doing some mistakes.
Just a question, I’m not pointing fingers.

One more thing… if you don’t have an aswer to my problem, you are part of the problem.
Keep in mind

Regards

thanx, it’s working

I don’t think that you really did search for it.
Here you go:

And I did answered to your question - why they don’t work. Right now -copy-on-write is enebled by default, only because the movie team is using 2.8 since this week for production, but again - I would not use it for nothing more than fooling around yet - modifiers are not working 100% and with them blender crushes more often. Just do better next time with searching. I’m not here to offend you, just saying. Anyway - have a good day. :slight_smile: