Blender 2.91 Alpha INSANE Performance

Hi !

I did a performance test on my pc to compare the number of poly that 2.83.0 blender can support versus the 2.91 Alpha before crashing. It’s incredible :

I subdivided the monkey head to get 2,048,000 faces (edit mode). I then duplicated it (Shift + D) over and over again in object mode. Result: the polygon number is multiplied by 2,2.
If other people have other tests (similar or different, do not hesitate to communicate them).

My config :

Ryzen 9 3950x - Rtx 2070s - 64Go ram 2133 hrz

The developers are doing an amazing job!

4 Likes

Alas, 350M tris (with 64 gb). Looks really impressive…

are you sure about this op? same specs for both tests?

To avoid mistakes in the procedure, you create the scene, enter Edit mode for your heavy object, you select a vertex. You save the scene in that state in Edit mode. Then with only one Blender instance open you test with that saved scene in Blender 2.83 and 2.91 by measuring the fps (play animation) while you continuously Grab/move the selected vertex for at least 15 seconds.
Edit:
What I said understanding that you wanted to test performance in Edit mode.

Yes, but I don’t know if it’s the right way to test it. (same spec in both test)
PS : sorry for my English XD

No, I’ve subdivised the mesh in edit mode and duplicate it in object mode with Shift+D. I duplicated the mesh until Blender crashed.
(sorry for my English, I will edit the post to add some corrections)

If you have a better way to do this kind of testing, you are welcome.