Blender 3.0 Geormetry Nodes What is replacing point instance node now?

I have used point instance node in a project but now it does not work anymore and I cannot find it in the available nodes! What is replacing it now?

1 Like

These are the point nodes as of Blender 3.0 daily from 19th oct…

search instance.

heres probaby what yr looking for,

1 Like

Thanks. I tried it and I had to complement with other nodes but it worked for the generation of a circular array in x and z axis… Kinda convoluted to work that way…
Thanks again…

BTW what is the difference between mesh in and geometry in ? a mesh is a geometry… no?

Geometry can be anything : mesh, point cloud, curve, volume,…

2 Likes

subtle consideration :thinking:

i don’t dare to ask about mesh? Do we have to consider that it is a material made of a network of wire or thread or a geometric object as a set of finite elements but not a geometry? one is an artist/modeler/animator perception the other one is a programmer consideration… Just to make sure I am clear on the concept… Thanks

I am not following you sorry

I don’t suppose there’s a help page on this node yet? The documentation at https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/geometry_nodes/point/point_instance.html still believes that Point Instance is a node type, but there’s nothing on Instance on Points. Beyond “Points”, “Rotation”, and “Scale”, I’m not sure what I’m looking at here.

To clarify, I’ve figured this much out:

That said, it would be great to know what all these new buttons and knobs actually do!

4 Likes

did you find the answer am same like you didnt find answer

to the original question ? you have to look for “instance on points” node

Well for anyone looking for info on this, the “Instance on Points” node is described in detail here:

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/geometry_nodes/instances/instance_on_points.html

you need to add another node which is “geometry to instance” instead of scale instances

3 Likes

There is a lot of change since 2.8 version and nodes are more enhanced now so here’s the new setup of nodes you’ll see I hope it’ll help you…