Blender Addon: Piperator, Generation of Pipe Networks / New version with vertex color pipe control

A lot to do in my “real job” right now. But I will sit down on this addon in a little bit and provide some updates…

1 Like

thanks ;). @Tetwisted: Peetie pretty much summarized it.

1 Like

I’m glad for that. Your job is really good.

Any video tutorial on how syntexmex work. Im using widows so i have to download the win zip file. But why its to heavy 93 MB for addon. Thanks

answered here: *New Addon*: Syntexmex "Seamless PBR Texture Synthesis on UV maps"

Just tried piperator yesterday - and really like it. I did find a slight bug - some of the pipes intersect slightly under certain conditions (I can update with a screenshot if desired).

Some suggestions for features:

1. Allow random radius for a given range.
  2. Allow for multiple runs - each with their own settings, Keep results of each run, and add them to the final result successively.

Thanks!

The addon is not installing at all on 2.90. Something is computed in the background for few seconds, then it says “module installed”, and that’s it. It’s not in the addons list, no errors in console.

I’ve read here that it installs in Testing category, so it actually installs.

Still, errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Acrivec\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\piperator\pipe_operator.py", line 911, in execute
    use_vertex_colors=self.use_vertex_colors)
  File "C:\Users\Acrivec\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\piperator\pipe_operator.py", line 665, in add_pipes
    normals = list(mh.normalized_arr(normals))
  File "C:\Users\Acrivec\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\piperator\lib\helpers\mathhelp.py", line 49, in normalized
    def normalized(x): return x * (1.0 / norm(x))
FloatingPointError: divide by zero encountered in double_scalars

bpy.ops.mesh.add_pipes(use_vertex_colors=True)
  File "C:\Users\Acrivec\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\piperator\pipe_operator.py", line 911, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Acrivec\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\piperator\pipe_operator.py", line 665, in add_pipes
  File "C:\Users\Acrivec\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\piperator\lib\helpers\mathhelp.py", line 49, in normalized

bpy.ops.mesh.add_pipes(use_vertex_colors=False)

bpy.ops.mesh.add_pipes(surfaceglue=False, use_vertex_colors=False)

There is no really info about how this works. I’ve created a plane, in edit mode added one more plane and shifted it. It created a pipe but not a straight one (as I’d like). After subdividing them and trying again - those errors.

downloaded the zip file. From addon install addon from blender regular way i have install, but did not find in the list to activate. I try to copy the folder in side blender folder also did not work. Im using 2.90 version

You have to toggle Testing category

1 Like

Thanks for notifying in the testing category. I have just making trial with the addon. Why the pipe getting bending. Not straight. Any solution to make clean and straight pipes. Thanks for the Addon.

Don’t know, I’ve reported bugs but author is not responding.